Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Things You Notice in Solitude

It is a rare occurrence that I leave the pit that is CCCHS alone. Usually, I am accompanied by my best friends, trotting along either side chattering about our day. However, on this particular Friday afternoon, the other amigos were held after for a choir rehearsal, and I was forced to exit the building alone, able to focus on the world around me for once. I now regret focusing on the world around me at that moment.

I was surrounded by entities supposedly known has human beings, albeit the majority acted more like untamed animals. Members of the opposite sex (and occasionally the same sex) attacked each other in unflattering, not to mention disturbing, PDA. Crude language was shouted, along with obscene gestures, from across the parking lot. Now, I am a firm believer of the freedom of speech. But good golly, be respectful. Scenes such as this that make me wonder about this world. Wonder if evil outweighs good. Wonder if there truly are so few people who CARE about others.

(Written February 5, 2011)

It's times like those that make me so very thankful for my life, for my family, and for my friends. I think it's good to be exposed to the wrongs of the world sometimes, just to remind me how blessed I am. I'm not sure if you can access the link or not, but the comments made by some people make my heart ache. I sometimes forget there are such disrespectful, heartless people and when I am reminded, I pray and thank God for all He has given me, and for those people who must live such sad, loveless lives. http://www.facebook.com/#!/Bqwhitney/posts/188229101216302

(Here is the link within the link. You should at least read the comments to understand what I'm talking about here..)
http://www.parentdish.com/2011/03/03/the-word-retard/?a_dgi=aolshare_facebook

I want to take this moment to encourage everyone to study the surrounding world and instead of letting the imperfections depress you, take them as a reminder of the wonderful flawlessness in your life. Because, I don't know about you, but my life is perfect. Even everything wrong with it, is perfect. Without the "flaws" I'd be a different person, leading a different life not near as amazing as this one.
And for those who enjoy bringing others down, hurting others, they just don't know how to see the perfect in their lives. If they did, they'd be much happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts