Pages

Monday, February 10, 2014

Don't Blink

I am convinced more and more each day that life is merely a series of blinks. I would estimate that the nearly 20 years of my life have actually been...approximately 4 blinks. So that's about 5 years per blink...that sounds accurate, right? I sit here on my couch in my college dorm room, on the 6th week of these 15 weeks of the last semester of my sophomore year...wrapped in a Little Mermaid blanket I've had since I was 7 and I wonder, shouldn't I still be 7? Shouldn't I still be running around outside, barefooted, pretending to be a Pokemon master or playing school with my dolls? Yet I am not. I'm planning a bachelorette party for one of my closest friends who will be trading in her maiden name for a new one this summer. I am making plans for the future, seeing as I only have a measly 2 years left in college (less than one whole blink). What is this nonsense?

Time is such a strange being...and it really does seem to move faster the older I get. It is super odd for me to try to imagine where I might be in 10 years, almost 30 years old. What job will I have? Where will I live? And the answer to any question I could possibly formulate about my future holds the same answer, "I don't know..." I can say what I hope for my days to come. I can explain my ambitions, my plans...but in the end those mean almost nothing. I can control the very basics and the rest is left floating in the unknown. I've spent a lot of time in prayer recently on this very topic. Thanking God for the time I've been given and asking for guidance for the time I will (Lord willing) have from this moment. Sometimes I just feel so lost because of the unknown. I have to remind myself that everything will work whether I know the outcome or not (which I don't).

I have to say, though. These past 4 blinks have been pretty spectacular. There were weary moments. Days I questioned if I was strong enough to push through...days I could have sworn were never going to end. I get tired and run down...I get weak...but the great thing is, this world is so much give and take, push and pull, ebb and flow, that I bounce back. Energized, inspired, fearless, mighty.
Our blinks are quick...a pretty intelligent man once stated that life is but a vapor...We can't sit around and wait for those days of redemption. And thus, I continue my #dailyscavenge #365grateful project because I need the reminders on those days I feel like I can't get up from a day full of falling. My blinks are far too precious to throw away.

Here's a peek into these past 4 blinks...













No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts