Pages

Monday, August 12, 2013

Hellos Always Start with Good Bye

It's that time again. This summer seriously flew by.... Shouldn't it still be June? What's going on here? It's no joke when people say the older you get the faster time goes, and honestly, that kind of sucks. I've certainly learned not to wish away any part of my life. Once a moment ends, there's really no going back.

I survived, and even thrived, my first year of college. This time last year I was basically in tears or close to it 24/7, fearing the change, the move, the...well, responsibility. It's scary to suddenly be in charge of yourself, to be an adult. I spent 18 years at home, and then one day it was time for me to go. I made the decision to go to Florida, but that didn't make the good byes any easier. Even though I am pretty excited to get back to my college life and the family I have created there, I will still probably cry when I say good bye to my TN friends and family. But this time, there's a little nugget of comfort in the back of my head reminding me what I am going back to and that we've made it through this separation before and we can all do it again.

I still can't quite process that I'm a sophomore in college. Only 3 years left until I get my degree and can begin teaching. Time snuck up on me... I've been working towards becoming a teacher since I was 6 years old. Now, out of nowhere, I'm 19 and I'm working my  butt of to get there. Crazy. My younger friends are now going through what I experienced last fall as they prepare to go on to this step of life. I know it is hard for them, and I certainly pray for their comfort and success.

This was a pretty good summer. Kind of boring, but I needed the break after spring semester. I got some work in, some friend time and parties in, lots of naps. Overall, it was a success. And having my FL friends visit throughout made our separation easier.

 
 Birthday visit from Ariel


 
Great Gatsby birthday celebration



 
Sounds game for Dad's father's day gift
 

 

 

 
Nick's birthday
 

 
Libby's surprise visit
 


 
Shopping days
 
 
 
Photo shoot with Mom
 
Repainting of my room...
(before)
 
(after)

 
Sarah's visit for Into the Woods
 
 
Garrett's visit for Into the Woods
 
My gift for Kristina

 
Emma's visit for Into the Woods
 
 
 
 
And now...we do it again! 
 
 
 
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts