Pages

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Therapy

Therapy can come in all shapes and forms... Talking through things, an evening alone, or my personal favorite, laughter. I've written about (non-religious) fellowship before, and that is therapeutic to me. As I continue to struggle through my stresses and day to day...things, I am constantly looking for forms of therapy, ways to get out of stress. Today was one of those days where I had plenty I could be doing, but none of it pressing and I lacked any and all motivation to work on anything. So after a random proclamation, we decided to hit Chick-Fil-A. At first it was just going to be Anissa and me, then Ariel decided to join followed by Kristina and Libby. A reunion of our old suite. Sitting at a fast food restaurant, catching up on life gave me a strange flashback to last year and a fast forward to a few years when we reunite after time apart, on our own trails of life. Being with these girls is just exactly what I need sometimes. An impromptu journey to a common place and time to catch up and laugh. So much laughing... When they say laughter is the best medicine, they aren't joking. In a bad mood? Go laugh.

 
Honestly, it's really hard on me to not live with all of these girls any more... I know we're still on this tiny campus together, but it just doesn't feel right. The only time we had to catch up was at curfew, and we don't have that together any more.


I have Ariel and Anissa almost constantly, but not having Kristina and Libby creates a weird void in my life...like a part of my routine is severely lacking.




 
We get so busy, understandably, and start to miss out on each other.

 
But the thing is, with family, you can pick up right where you left off. For that, I am thankful.

 
After Chick-Fil-A, it began pouring down rain. When we got back to campus, we raced into the dorm, dripping with rain.
"I kind of want to play in the rain...you know, jump in puddles...and continue to not do any schoolwork." I said.
"Let's do it!" Anissa encouraged. I changed clothes, and away we went, with Ariel taking pictures from our window.


 
There are times when you have to take a break from being an adult. When you set down responsibility and go play in the rain. Run, dance, sing, squeal, jump in puddles. All of it. Therapy.


 
Childhood is something to learn from, and I refuse to fully give up being a kid. Sometimes, I will ignore what I should do...and do what I want. Put it off to let go for just one afternoon. Life is too short to not take advantage of chicken and puddle jumping.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts